Saturday, March 31, 2012

Upon further reflection....

To be fair...this situation is exactly why men say women are so complicated.  I told my male friend to stop talking to me so much for two reasons...only one of which I gave him.  As I said before one reason was because I felt it was unfair to the other girl for us to be communicating and seeing each other so much.  The other reason is what makes it so complicated.  I know I told him to stop talking so much and even ignored him to help him to understand....but now I "unfriended" him because he didn't check on me after Kato died.  I can imagine how confusing it was to him...he tried to reach out and be there...but he was seeing his girlfriend...I was not going to mess with that...so I told him I didn't want him to call me when he got there.  When he asked what happened, I was at a state that I couldn't text it and he was told I didn't want to talk about it right then.  He was giving me what I wanted in terms of space...but (here is where the confusion for him comes in) I still wanted him to check and make sure I was ok.  I wanted him to text or email when he got back "how are you doing?".  I wanted to know that my friend cared.  He is not a mind reader....but how do I communicate that?  This is what it is like being a girl.  I just needed some form of support...but the kind he was giving... I cut him off.  I wish I could explain it better...but this is how I feel...no matter how unfair or confusing to him.  I don't know how or if it can be fixed.


But the other part of this is my biggest issue (with me and not him).  I fell in love with him.  He does not know this...how could he?  The one and only other time this happened to me...my heart was desiccated.  When I realized how I felt, it scared me to my core.  I had no idea how to navigate our friendship.  I pushed back and put up a wall.  So when he started dating someone else, I was devastated.  I tried to remain friends with him...but it was more and more difficult.  I couldn't do it.  I was happy for him and sad for me at the same time.  I know that men and women cannot be friends...but I tried to make it work.  So that's why when he didn't check on me I was so hurt.  I was unfairly expecting more...but I am not what he wants--he has told me so many times directly and indirectly.  I had to save my heart because it would never recover.  I miss his friendship deeply, but in time it will heal.


I am trying to figure out how to navigate the issue with my female friend.  We have been friends for over 20 years.  I am so hurt that she is not trying to communicate with me and ignoring my texts.  Maybe this is why it happened.  For me to review my friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment