Thursday, March 15, 2012

You see....Harry was right after all...

I know that I deluded myself in my youth that men and women can be friends with no issues.  I am not sure how that fact and it's relation to the the single most traumatic event in my dating career was partially forgotten for a while.  I know, this is what deluding yourself means...but still!  I thought I was smarter than that!


Once upon a time I was told they were "just friends" and since I was falsely secure in the relationship, I felt I had nothing to worry about.  But Sarah Adair changed all of that.  Recently, I found myself in the "Sarah" position and I couldn't stand it.  How could I be friends when all the time I was worrying if it would hurt the girlfriend?  I know it is not my job to worry about it...it is his... but having experienced the pain from the other end of it...I wanted to make sure she wasn't inadvertently hurt by anything I said or did.  No one deserves this.  As the unease grew, so did my realization that Harry was right...men and women cannot truly be just friends...someone always gets hurt in the end.  This time, like the last time, it was me.  But at least I feel more at peace because I know it was the right thing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment