Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Alpena Tweed Ride: Our Bicycling Heritage

Alpena Tweed Ride: Our Bicycling Heritage: Chances are that if you are reading this Blog you have at least a passing interest in the history of bicycles.....


I can't help myself....there are some old timey songs I just adore... Daisy Bell is one of them.  I love how some songs can just bring you right back to the moment...making the memory sweeter with time.  My mom used to sing this song to us...I had all but forgotten the verses.  But the refrain stuck in my head and I often sung it when I was feeling particularly down...  except... my mom sung a second part of the chorus that was a parody...


Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer, do,

I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage -
I can't afford a carriage,
But you'd look sweet on the seat

Joey, Joey I'll give you my answer, do,
Your half crazy to think that I'd marry you!
You can't afford a marriage-
You can't afford a carriage,
And I'll be damned if I'll be crammed
On a bicycle built for two!

How can you not smile at that?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment