Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Autopsy File #103

Since the beginning of freshman year...I hadn't even bothered to "look" at a boy.   My friends were enamored by the fact that I knew so many hot guys (former teammates)...and they couldn't figure out how I found absolutely none of them even remotely appealing.  Besides... I was busy.  I continued to play softball, volunteered at the library and Boys & Girls Club, got a job and was in many, many (very nerdy) afterschool groups. (I mean really nerdy:  Science Olympiad, Odyssey of the Mind, French Club, Key Club, Masquers Club, etc...too bad there wasn't an A/V Club.... lol) I was rising the ranks of Key Club.  By my junior year I was vice-president and the albino was treasurer.  We had worked together on many projects.  He was very shy, smart, funny and kinda cute...and  I confided in a friend that liked him.  (is there a pill for this disease?)   I didn't plan on doing anything about it...I wanted to remain friends.   Inadvertently, she let the cat out of the bag....


This became another instance of the whole "men and women can't be friends" issue.  Immediately, he began avoiding me...and I let him. I had hoped we would remain friends, but we no longer worked on any projects together (his choice) and there was no extra conversations after the meetings.  I was disappointed...and dejected.  I began to think that there was something wrong with me....

No comments:

Post a Comment