Tuesday, June 21, 2011

If a tree falls...

For a long time I mocked bloggers....the masses of lonely, overwired people spewing out their opinions and the minutia of their lives over all of those poor unsuspecting 3am insomniacs...

Now I have decided to become one of them.  I did this for the most immature of reasons...someone pissed me off!  I was told I should write a femi-nazi blog...because I have something to say (and apparently the forum I was using was inappropriate).  But then I thought:  So who really cares?


And thus it comes to the age old question:  if a tree falls in the woods with no one around...does it make a sound?  I always thought...of course it does! (what a silly philosophical question we try to wrap the 5% of our brains around!)  It does not matter if there is a human around to hear it.  Just because we think we are this supreme life form does not negate what happens around us...or because of us.  The tree still existed.  It still fell.  Energy was released...there was still sound.  Unless you believe this interesting post.  Overall I think as a species we think of ourselves as over-important....just because we can reason and communicate, etc.  And yet...I can think of several examples where this may not be the case.... I think Douglas Adams was onto something....the dolphins are really the ones with the supreme brains here....but I digress.


So...what's the point of this blog?  It is simple:  I don't understand relationships between men and women. It baffles my puny melon daily.  This goes far deeper than my femi-nazi tendencies (which I am sure I will rant about frequently in the posts to come).  But really, I feel like I am on a train speeding past...trying to decipher the blur I got a glimpse of.  So....I write because I am clueless.  I might be more educated if I hadn't missed that class in high school...

No comments:

Post a Comment