Friday, July 15, 2011

All my Friends are Dead

I recently got this book at the store called "All my Friends are Dead".  It is a hilarious parodied kids book.  It starts with a dinosaur commenting that all his friends are dead and goes from there....I especially like the tree saying all his friends were end tables....and then a lumberjack helps him out... :)


And I started thinking about this book at the store yesterday when I had several groups of friends come in and hang out.  I had many great conversations...and well...I realized...that most of my friends are dead!  I mean this in a metaphorical sense.  Our friendships have changed so drastically over they years, that really...what they were.... are well...dead.  As I watched my customers just hang out and just be....I really felt that I missed that.  Now, all of my friends must bring their significant other at every outing....togetherness is one of the cool things in relationships....but, sometimes you just wanna hang out with your friends...with them making no other concessions for another person.  This is the interesting thing about growing up... and being the only single friend.  It used to really bother me when I was the third, fifth, seventh, ninth... wheel.  It doesn't so much any more....but occasionally I would like to be one of the gang...not the unattached one.



No comments:

Post a Comment