Thursday, July 14, 2011

Autopsy File #407

Ok...needless to say I was almost over this internet dating thing...after the Nurse I decided to give one final guy a chance.  I had been talking to this guy for awhile and really wasn't sure about him.  Just from the internet communications, I wasn't getting a strong vibe....but some people are different online, and this was his first stab at it.   I decided to give him a chance.  After date one, I still did not get the warm fuzzies...but there were no deal breakers or major annoyances...so I decided I would give it one more shot....  So, on to date numero dos... at dinner...during conversation, I was feeling that things were going better...maybe he was just nervous before... 

As he walked me back to my car, he started talking about his ex-wife.  This surprised me because there was no mention of her or that he was a divorcee on his profile.  I cannot stand lying....major deal breaker!  So, I asked him why he failed to mention this information.  His response:  "Because of her we both went to jail for spousal abuse".  What?!!  Oh yeah...I was totally done!!  I got into my car and left.  The Ex-Con as I now call him... tried texting me....I would not respond.  I felt bad about leaving without reason (I hate when people do this to me).  So I went home and e-mailed him.  I explained that I didn't think that we were well matched, thanked him for dinner and told him I was sorry.  The ex-con was the last straw with eHarmony.  After nearly a year, I had found no one even resembling a potential.  That night, I closed my account.

I learned that I should go with my gut and most people misrepresent themselves online.  I didn't think to do that...it is way too much work to try to be someone you are not...and I won't do it.  Besides....think logically, people!  It will be figured out eventually that you are not who you say you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment