Saturday, July 16, 2011

Autopsy File #408

So...since I ditched the internet scene....and decided that random casual sex was not for me...I wasn't expecting any opportunities.  I was involved with several things....and had no time to add more...  Strangely, after asking our Director of Operations if he would provide karate classes, it turned out to be an interesting....partnership...


The Mr.  Tequila and I had worked together for years...we were always a bit flirty (he liked my feisty side!)...but in the nearly 6 years I had worked there... (he had been going through a divorce...twice...not the best risk :)...I hadn't really noticed him as any thing else....  When he started teaching karate at the Club, I told the kids I would take classes with them....


One thing led to another and we were dating...We were having a great time going out on the town....it started to break apart when we were not out  (but I digress)....I learned a lot about the cultural "machismo"...as Mr.  Tequila was Mexican.  Really...machismo equals objectification....at least that is what I learned.  He always wanted to do things his way...never taking into account my feelings or opinions... I was really frustrated by this behavior...and knew it wouldn't last.  After only 3 weeks...it was enough to drive me crazy!  He tried to make a move on me in the copy room!!!  Our boss was right around the corner....eek!!  I told him to stop...but he thought he was funny (seeing the problem here?)


But, I had already agreed to help set up for his daughter's birthday party (but told him I would not be attending the party)  His kids came to the Clubs and I said I would never date a parent....yeah...this one was a co-worker too...double trouble!!  So, I told him early on...I would not be around his kids in a private setting...these things had to be separate...  After his daughters party...he texted me that the adults were going out...it sounded fun so I went.  I dropped my Jeep off at his place...I knew I would be drinking.  We decided to play cards at his house (I agreed...so I could sober up and drive home).  But, apparently "other" plans were made...his friends exchanged a glance which I am sure they thought I missed...yeah I saw a set up....(they wanted to play strip poker! --which I did of course....that is the only poker I tend to win ;)!)  too bad Mr. Tequila wasn't going to get what he wanted....not that he asked....he just assumed.  I would not do anything to lead him on...but I knew he was a bad idea.


His friends left and we decided to watch a movie....it was now about 1:30am...and I was thinking about leaving--knowing that he would put the moves on me....which he did....when all of the sudden, I hear from upstairs "Daddy, I'm thirsty".  I freak!  I had asked him where the kids were before I came over--he said his mother's.  I was mortified...she was 9!  She knew me...she saw me!  I was done.  He went upstairs, I left a note and left.


I was concerned about how things would play out at work (and thankfully we didn't work in the same building).  He was angry that I left and told me so (big surprise!).  But, actually I think all of the divorces (three total) must have helped him....things were fine.  He even helped me out six months later (I had already moved back to Michigan, but was in Indy because I couldn't switch the plane ticket) by getting an extra set of keys and storage for my Jeep when it was found broken into at the Club I used to work at....it was very, very nice (I was in Florida--Jeep in Indy).   It was at the time...the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me....especially an ex.


I moved back to Michigan...and wasn't sure if it was even worth the bother to look around....I was so tired....tired of not being treated properly, of being looked at as only an "outlet"...really?  was there ANYTHING else??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment