Friday, July 29, 2011

Autopsy File #603a

So...I was so pissed at myself for being manipulated in such a way... the Lumberjack was considered a friend and I was now questioning my judgement of character.  I was meeting a friend who was playing at a bar...and I hadn't seen him or his girlfriend since I had moved.  While at the bar...this cute guy struck up a conversation with me....  


We talked off and on the whole night...and he offered me a ride on his motorcycle.  I was in a sundress and flip flops....  I decided...why not?  I had been leery since an incident with a dirt bike in my youth...I even stupidly asked the Lumberjack for a ride once (at the time I still trusted him).  So I took off for the first time in over 20 years on a bike.  It was exhilarating...I had a blast.


The Motorcycle guy and I hung out a few times over the next few weeks...then it just dropped off because of schedules.  I wasn't sure he was boyfriend material (he had some racist/judgmental tendencies)...but I figured what the heck...like it matters anyway?  I know the outcome here...might as well have some fun before it ends!


We see each other every few months and it has been fun.  Something to break up the boredom.  On our last interaction, I decided even that wasn't worth it any more.  I had had too much to drink and was riding my bike home.  He and I were at a bar 6 blocks from my house and I asked him to give me a ride home...he didn't feel like it.  Seriously?  six blocks?  And people wonder why I don't ask for help or even assume it will be given to me.  I no longer see the motorcycle guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment