Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Princesses and Legos

I have been shopping for my five year old nieces and have become more and more disgusted by some of the clothing made for little girls.  I couldn't help but think that much of girls clothing has become a smorgasbord for pedophiles (who already have major issues).  I was appalled to see string bikinis and thongs for little girls--I mean sizes for six year olds, people!  And very adult looking bras...  What have we become?   I cam across this blog...and I think the picture and commentary is telling.

Kids seem to be growing up faster...knowing things younger than I knew them (for the most part)....being exposed to things earlier....  what happened to idyllic childhoods where you could just be...have fun...tell your mom where you will be and take off on your bike and be back in time for dinner?  Is our world really that evil?  or is it that it has always been--but now we have more exposure to it due to the sensationalism of the media?  Maybe it is both...

all I know that it scares me for when I have children...

No comments:

Post a Comment