Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Autopsy File #401

So onto Mr.  GreenCard....  He was a grad student in a program similar to mine.  During my second year...we formed teams between the two universities for a project.  He was on my team.  We became fast friends....he had a quick wit and an interesting view of the world.  Even after I left grad school...we kept in touch.   While I enjoyed his conversations...I felt no chemistry.  We were just friends....and he felt the same way....it was refreshing!  After PTI I really didn't want to date anyone...I had to get myself out of the funk before I was with someone again....I was concerned that I would be mired in the same hole...but with a different person!

During my three year hiatus from men....Mr.  GreenCard was coming to the area for a visit....we decided to go to dinner...after dinner he wanted to go dancing....we had a great time.  He dropped me back at my place....and kissed me!  I was totally unprepared for this!  I was confused...how could this be...he has given no inclination....(I missed that class...but I was learning a few of the signals...)  I quickly said goodnight and shut the door.  I had to think!  The next day he called and asked me to go to lunch.  I was nervous...I knew I had to talk about what happened...I didn't feel anything for him...(and he was a bad kisser!).  I shouldn't have worried.  He explained everything to me at lunch.  to make a long story short....his student visa was running out and he wanted to stay in the US....he asked me to marry him....to get his green card!

I politely refused....and unfortunately this seems to have ended our friendship.  Any communication I sent his way was ignored....too bad....he was fun to talk to!

I put him in the Autopsy files because...there were three men in a row that asked me to marry them in some way....I thought this was strange....and I might have just pissed off karma....

No comments:

Post a Comment