Saturday, July 23, 2011

A real case of a Cock Blocker

So I started this blog with an example of my cluelessness in male-female relationships....the "cock blocker" comment.  All of the sudden it hit me...I have experienced the wrath of a true cock blocker....(and really?  I was put in this class?)


So...the Cap'n...(that is his nickname amongst the group--I can't remember why...something to do with a hat...) He was a friend of a friend and we were at a music festival.  We hit it off as friends immediately...partly because we were the only two unnattached people in the crowd of over a dozen or so....so when the couples did "couple things"...we were by default left alone.  He was pretty cool and easy to talk to.  The first evening we were hanging out...laying on a blanket...talking and listening to music.  I was enjoying his company...not really thinking about anything else....now I have no idea if it were going anywhere....I really didn't think about it or try to assess...it was just good companionship.....


By the third evening I was thinking...hmmmm...I wonder what he thinks...  I wasn't going to say anything because I didn't want to ruin the time for my friends if I totally misread things.....  As we were walking back to our campsites....this one woman (whom I had an immediate dislike for when we met three days prior) pulled the Cap'n off to the side and very loudly asked if he was going to "hit that fat girl as his Bliss fuck"....everyone heard this and I was embarrassed and angry.  I didn't turn around...just kept going until back in the tent.  The next morning the Cap'n was nowhere to be seen...he missed breakfast for the first time.  Later I found him on a blanket by himself at one of the stages....I asked if the whole group was meeting there and if I could put my blanket down.  He said he didn't know and shrugged his shoulders...I tried to have conversation with him...he ignored me.  He didn't speak with me again.


That loud annoying woman was a cock blocker...even if he didn't think of me in that way...so how on earth is that possibly a way to say you are interested in someone?  I am pretty sure my friends were wrong....I must have stopped the Lumberjack from getting laid and he was trying to tell me to stop whatever it was that I was doing.


and really...just once...one time....I would love for someone to care enough to fight for me....to ignore the others and say "hey you are cool...I don't care what X says..."  to try to get past my wall....  I am 35 and it hasn't happened yet...so the chances are slim to none now.

No comments:

Post a Comment